- Create a post to accept your award.
- Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget.
- Answer the questions I have above.
- Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
- Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
- Link me to your post so I can see your answers.
1) How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I came up with this name very easily, back when I was only blogging on tumblr (this blog was originally going to just be a tumblr blog, then I discovered google+). The name just popped into my head as I was looking at other book blogs. Literally, I didn't even have to think about it. I wondered about this name for a while, if this was really the best name for my blog.....then I decided that it reflected the theme of my blog well enough and that it could be taken as a bit snarky or dramatic too (a twist on the often dramatically muttered phrase, "for the love of god"). Then, it was final!
2) Do you really like a book that everybody else hates?
There have been a few instances where I have enjoyed a book which either had extreme hate alongside extreme fans, or that my friends simply didn't enjoy like I did.
Fifty Shades of Grey would be an example of instance number one. I quite enjoyed it (and the film as well) and there are many who absolutely hate it. I was even harassed and bullied on tumblr for a while because I like it!
Twilight is another, less intense version of my experiences with Fifty Shades of Grey. I love Twilight, both the book and the movie, but I constantly see the series being bashed, especially online. ( I even wrote an article for school about it).
The last book I can think of is on a smaller scale. Nevermore (by Kelly Creagh) is one of my favourite books and I recommended it to a friend. While I absolutely fangirl over it (I've read it 5 times...) she absolutely hated it.
3) For which author you're a complete fangirl?
Derek Landy, author of the Skulduggery Pleasant series for sure, also Kelly Creagh, the author of the Nevermore trilogy. I fangirl over lots of authors but these two are by far the ones I go the craziest over.
4) Which book you can't wait to be published?
Oblivion by Kelly Creagh, the last book in the Nevermore trilogy. Also, Derek Landy's new book Demon Road looks AMAZING!
5) Which book would you reread any time?
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh and the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy are books which I have, and would, continue to reread.
AJ @ ClairBooks
Sugar and Snark @ Sugar & Snark
Fiona @ A Girl Between The Pages
Becky @ Book Bite Reviews
Brett @ Demons Read Too
My questions to my nominees....
1) How many printed books do you own?
2) Which book do you have a love-hate relationship with?
3) What is the strangest/most unique book you have ever read, and why?
4) What is your favourite book genre?
5) What is the longest book you have ever read, and how many pages was it?