Friday 31 July 2015

The Creatures of the Night

I saw this tag at The Book Goddess and thought I'd give it a shot, it seems interesting and I love paranormal books.

1. Vampires





Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber, The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine, Evernight by Claudia Gray and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer are 4 series which I very much enjoy, I love the unique takes on the vampire myths and legends. Night World by L.J Smith is also a great series which includes vampires, but I'm not listing it under any specific category because it equally includes and focuses on everything from vampires to shape shifters to witches, so it appears to fall in a category of its own, in my opinion. 

2. Werewolves


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater is the book which first got me interested in werewolf stories. Twilight also qualifies for this category.  


#3. Zombies and #4. Super-powered Human


I haven't read many zombie books or books centering on people with superpowers, but the Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy covers both of these categories perfectly. 

#5. Ghosts 





I really enjoyed the book Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I found that it brought a new twist to the monster / ghost hunting theme. Absolution by Gail Gallant was also an enjoyable ghost read.

#6. Witch/Warlock/Spellcaster





Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl explores the idea of magical beings in a unique way. Straying from the 'paranormal boy, human girl' trend, it was bound to be a hit. The Sweep series by Cate Tiernan also includes magic and witches, however it takes a religious, Wiccan approach, mixing reality and fantasy.  Skulduggery Pleasant also qualifies for this category.

#7. Fairy/Fae



Two of my favourite fairy/fae series' includes the Faeriewalker series by Jenna Black and the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. Both take unique approaches to the world of the fae and both are equally mesmerizing and unforgettable. 

#8. Demons


I don't think I've read a book which focuses primarily on demons, but the Halo trilogy by Alexandra Adornetto contains some great demon characters, especially in book two, Hades. 

#9. Angels




While Halo also qualifies for this one, the Fallen series by Lauren Kate and Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick were the two series which introduced me to angel fiction, and, along with Twilight, to paranormal romance in general.

#10. Aliens


The only alien book I have ever read is Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout. I have a few on my to-read list, but as of now, this is the only one I have actually read.  



I hope you all enjoyed this tag! It was very fun to complete. If you make your own post based on this tag, please leave a link in the comment section. 




No comments:

Post a Comment